Friday, January 24, 2014

Cabbage Hemp Salad



Some things are just too good not to share.  So I will deviate from the norm of plants, gardening and design to share a really yummy and healthy recipe with you: Cabbage Hemp SaladPopSugar shared it with me and I want to pass along the deliciousness! It's described as a detox salad which is all the rage right now.  Not sure what it's supposed to be detoxing but my family and I can't get enough of it.  Try this recipe and you will understand why. 
Known as a rule breaker in the garden world, I also break them in the kitchen.
I didn't have any Hemp oil so I subbed Grapeseed Oil:  Delish!
The first time I made this we had lemons, not limes and: It worked!  (but limes are better, I found the second time.) 
Besides the hemp seeds, I added some chia seeds into the mix as well.

Cabbage Hemp Salad

3 cups cabbage (mix of purple and green), finely shredded
1/4 cup red and yellow peppers, diced
1 1/2 avocados, diced with pit removed
3 tablespoons hemp oil
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup hemp seeds
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
 
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Massage and mix with your hands to tenderize the cabbage and cream the avocado, and serve.
     

2 comments:

  1. I'm also growing some veggies indoor using my 1000W LED Grow Light that I bought after reading these Reviews on bloomshower. And Now, I'm planning to make best use of my veggies for making a delicious salad using your recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete